Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Puppies!!!

Yesterday, I was informed by the person working on my fence that Fletcher had apparently been digging a serious hole.  I looked, and he was right, it was a big hole.

This morning, I go out to look at the hole, knowing the only reason she would have dug something so large was that she was due to have puppies.  It had transformed from a hole to a cave.  Within the cave was one dog and five puppies.

The birthing cave, but what's that in there?
Unfortunately, as I've previously stated, I live in a very sandy area, and Fletch's lack of engineer knowledge meant that this cave was rapidly collapsing, so I had to relocated the puppies to a safer place.

My puppy cave, and yes, I bought that bag here.


 After I let her back at them, Mama Fletch quickly went to work.

Mama Fletcher and her iwes.

So now there are five puppies to add to this crazy household, four males and one female.

Fletcher's first litter of five healthy puppies.
I'm going to go with 31 July 2013 as their birth-date, since I'm not sure if they were born before or after midnight but Fletch was not going into labor when I went to sleep so I'll believe it was after midnight.

Baby Buckman, male

Baby Sledd Hero, male

Baby North Bruce, female

Baby Key Dazi, male

Baby Graham Fitzwilliam "Fitz", male

No comments:

Post a Comment