Friday, July 12, 2013

Mid-Night Adventures

Last night, per our routine, at about 6:00pm Zen and I headed to the bedroom.  Upon untucking the mosquito net, she immediately jumped in and under the sheets.  After I crawled in, she decided to use my leg as her snuggle-point, and with her soon-to-be-a-mother-again instincts cleaned my leg for me.  I proceeded to watch a movie (“What About Bob?”) while she slept on my leg.  Near the end of the movie, she started getting restless, so I let her out of the mosquito net, and she returned a few minutes later.  At this point, she settled on using my foot as her pillow, and cleaned it up, making it clean for the last time ever.  After the movie, we both drifted off to sleep.

The time now is 9:50pm.  I am awoken by my foot being cold.  This is commonly the result of the bionic leg finding its way out from under the sheets.  What is this?  It is still under the sheet and blanket.  Uh-oh.  I flip back the sheet to be welcomed by a very concerned looking Zen, frantically licking at what could only be described at a red blob resting upon my foot (which was immediately withdrawn from the scene), all surrounded by a puddle.  After a few seconds on licking, the red blob let out the cutest, smallest meow, more of a squeak.  It looks just like its father, Budha.

Baby Daenerys Twachi, born 11 July 2013 at 9:50pm, female


Time has progressed to 10:20pm.  Zen and her new-born have been relocated to our prearranged maternity ward (her basket with her towel contained in it).  She has been cleaning the little kitten for 30 minutes now, as it sucks at her.  For the past ten minutes, cleaning has been intermittently interrupted for deep breaths.  Now, it stops completely.  Before anyone can see what just happened, there is a second red blob, which is then intensely cleaned.  This one looks just like its mother.

Baby Arya Sensei, born 11 July 2013 at 10:20pm, female

Over the next two hours, Zen, two kittens, and the nurse/photographer (who was forbid from stepping out of the room by the mother instant protests) stayed up wondering if there would be a third.  At about 12:30am, I returned to bed (another mattress with different sheets), and attempted to go to sleep.  At 1:30am, still unable to sleep, I returned to the maternity ward for a quick check-up, and there, sound asleep was Zen and two new kittens.

Zen feeding her new kittens and trying to keep them warm.

 
Zen is asleep after a stressful hour, but the kittens are feeding away.


Zen had to leave the basket for a minute (to find out where the midwife went).


Kittens feeding the next morning.

A very happy, and proud mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment