Sunday, July 07, 2013

June: Come and Gone

Originally, this was a quick update into what I've been busy with.  Instead, it will be a summary of the last few blog posts I've made and the picture albums associated with them.  Somehow, it has turned out that I've been away from my house for the entire month of June and the first few days of July, so this is what has happened.

I started with a trip to the southern region to visit some friends at Domasi Teacher's College, explore Zomba, watch the Malawi Flames in a World Cup Qualifier match, tour the Carlsburg Brewery, and get acquainted with Blantyre. The post it "The South Will Rise Again!" and pictures can be found in the picture album: "The South Will Rise Again!"

I then went into the Training of Trainers for the newest education volunteers, had one day off, then welcomed the new group at the airport and I was with them in pre-service training for a week and a half.  You can read about these adventures in Welcoming Ed13 and browse the picture album: "ToT/SDW and PST for Ed13".

Finally, this trip has ended with a couple nights in Lilongwe and a couple of nights at Melissa's in Chinteche.  this trip had a dual purpose of a little bit of doctor recommended relaxation and picking up Zen Parks, the newest addition to my little Malawian family.  The interesting story of The Great Feline Relocation Experiment was well written by Melissa and published on this blog.

Now I'm finally going home with no big travel plans in July.  Actually, I should be around Karonga until mid-service training followed by the Mt Kilimanjaro and Serengeti Safari trip in August.  Hopefully this small summary helps and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment