Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Watch your head.

Donald and I have always been plagued with the distance between our sites. It's only about 85km, but on public transport, it's a frustrating 2 hours, involving at least one transfer.

Well, we had the idea to find a spot located in the middle of our sites that would be a reasonable day trip for both of us. We found Ngara Resort, which is about an hour and exactly mk500 away for both of us. 

Their bar was not fully stocked, but we hope that was a fluke. The food was to die for. Also, we immediately fell in love with the padded lawn chairs.

The only problem with these chair, is we positioned them under a fruit tree. Within 30 minutes of me sitting down with a delightful beverage, one of the fruits decided to fall. I have been under plenty of trees when fruit falls, and I've never had any reason to fear. The probability of one falling anywhere actually close to you is slim. 

Well, not this time.  I didn't react to the sound over my head and the fruit lined up perfectly to smack me right on top of the head. 24 hours later, and the top of my head still hurts.

A reenactment of the impact.  In reality it bounced off my head and came to rest in the grass about 3 feet away.  Donald said he could hear the thud loud and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment