Wednesday, January 29, 2014

December 2013


1 - Walking into the new Mzuzu Shoprite
2 - Watching Rambo
3 - My new solar light in my living room
4 - Pounding coffee beans
5 - Lighting my mbaula (yay fire starters)
6 - Frying Spam
7 - Baking cake
8 - Cleaning dishes
9 - Writing letters
10 - Riding home from Uliwa
11 - Chilling at Ngara Resort
12 - Skype with Duffy
13 - Grading university exams
14 - Riding down with students from UniLia
15 - Hitch through Ngara trading center
16 - Rain at night
17 - Burning incense
18 - Reading
19 - Collecting rain
20 - Walking through Thunduti
21 - Uploading Tako's obituary
22 - Rain at Maji Zuwa
23 - Arranging a care package for the photo
24 - Christmas Eve at Mushroom Farm
25 - The view from Livingstonia
26 - Riding a bike down from Livingstonia
27 - Zen burrowing towards Fletcher
28 - My Christmas present, a blow gun
29 - Reading
30 - Walking Fletch
31 - New Year Countdown

2 comments:

  1. Hi! This is sort of random but I'm leaving for Malawi this summer with the PC and I was wondering if you could write a blog post about your travel plans across Africa and on your way back to the US. I've been trying to do research on travel while in/coming home from Malawi but not a lot of people have written about it in their blogs. I saw that you planned to do some interesting travel and I would love to read about it. I feel like everyone stops writing their blogs as soon as they COS so I never can find any information on travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your placement! I assume if you're coming in summer, that you're an education volunteer. Have you joined the Facebook group yet?

      To the side of my travels, my COS trip is not fully planned yet. I want to travel by land south through the continent, but details will be figured out months from now. If you plan stuff too far in advanced, this are bound to change (I originally planned to travel north to Cairo). I will keep this blog updated through the end of the year, so you can follow that, plus once you get here you will have plenty of opportunities to question me and other PCVs in person. Anyways, you won't be able to vacation until December anyways. For now, I would focus on enjoying your time with family and friends, packing (don't wait until the last day like I did), and getting everything in order.

      I hope this helped. Can't wait to meet you and everyone else! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask either on here or through the Facebook group (I already joined it and there are other current PCVs there to answer questions, too).

      Delete