Monday, February 03, 2014

Cape Maclear

I have heard about Cape Maclear since I arrived in Malawi. Most people say it is fairly overrated and has essentially been replaced by the nicer Nkhata Bay as the top tourism spot on the lake. So, when I planned to start my southern tour vacation there, I didn't have high expectations.  However, I couldn't have been more wrong. It was incredible! Even though we went in rainy season, the weather was great. The water was crystal clear, the view magnificent, and the place we stayed (Mgoza Lodge) was out of this world.


The view from Mgoza Lodge
Probably the best part of the trip was going for a dive with my newest dive partner, Becca. (It's nice to have another true, proud Floridian in Malawi that I can relate with. Obviously, she's a diver, but the fact that she's a Gator fan is just a bonus.)
International, diver Gator Chomp

Overall, I'd highly recommend Cape Mac. Our incredible experience may have been a fluke,  however I would rank it as the nicest place on the lake, even a touch over Likoma Island.

Sunset on our last night

No comments:

Post a Comment