Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Serengeti Safari



Serengeti – n. a vast plain in Tanzania to the west of the Great Rift Valley known for its wildlife

safari – (Swahili) n. a journey or expedition, for hunting, exploration, or investigation, especially in eastern Africa.

So, a Serengeti Safari is a journey to a savannah like no other in the world, and it was nzuri (good).  It’s hard to explain it with words on a blog like this, and there is no way I could upload all the amazing pictures from it on Blogspot without Google freaking out and your computer bogging down, but luckily I have uploaded all the pictures up onto Facebook.  If you’re interested in some awesome wildlife pictures (between my new camera and Micahel’s identical camera), we got some amazing pictures.  Going through the pictures to pick out the best ones was definitely a chore.  You can see all of our hard work here.  Video clips and also be found here and here.

The trip from Arusha to the Serengeti was long, but worth it.  Serengeti Serena Lodge, was amazing!  All the wildlife watching was incredible!  If you are ever in northern Tanzania or southern Kenya, and you don’t take the time to visit this unique and incomparable ecosystem, you’re a fool.

The end of the safari marked the end of the vacation, which I will be honest, was sad.  Saying “later” to Michael and Lenore wasn’t fun, but I know I’ll see them again soon.  Now that I’m back in the swing of things, back home in Malawi, I know the next 11months 5 days will just fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment