Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Quick Update, More Soon

So when I used to read these blogs, I would see a post like this and be like "yay, more updates tomorrow."  Now that I'm in this situation, I understand that "soon" is a relative term, so while I have every intention of making a big post and putting it up here tomorrow, I also realize that if it doesn't happen for a week, it'll still feel like "soon" to me.

Training is going.  A quick fun story, all of the education volunteers' headmasters/mistresses came to Dedza to meet their future volunteers and travel with us.  After a two-day workshop, we had a soccer match, Malawi vs America.  The Malawi team was made up of trainers and Headteachers, but with the likes of Cam in goal (the dude that wrote the Chibuku article) and Lauren at striker, for the first time in Peace Corps Malawi history, America won.  We limped off the field very proud.

Anyways, just thought I'd let everyone know that site visit went great, and most importantly, this will be my last blog post (or day) as a PCT (Peace Corps Trainee).  Tomorrow morning is swearing-in and myself along with 21 of my new best friends will all become PCVs (Peace Corps Volunteers).  All 22 of us passed the LPI (Language Proficiency Exam), which is quite impressive and has not happened in anyone's memory.  Basically, Ed12 is the best training group ever.  In case you're keeping track, I did say 22 people passed, meaning we reached our goal of 100% swearing-in.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats.What a great accomplishment. Please leave exact mailing address on next blog and when it will be ok to ship a package.

    ReplyDelete