Friday, July 13, 2012

Pre-Service Training

So I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Dedza right now.  Go ahead, you can be jealous, but its k5 per minute and while that may be next to nothing, I get paid less than next to nothing.

Just thought I'd let everyone know I landed alive.  Malawi is beyond amazing, but training is beyond exhausting.  I'm staying near Dedza with a home-stay family.  Problem is I'm learning Chitambuka since I'll be living in the north, and my family knows Chichewa.  So, serious language barrier.

I'll post more when I have more time, aka after swear-in.  Life is good!

I've attached a picture of our group when we arrived in Malawi.  We were all very confused and overwhelmed at this time.

One last thing.  Please hold off on sending any care packages.  If you sent it now, it wouldn't get to me by the end of PST and I'll have a different address to send them to for my actual site.


No comments:

Post a Comment