Monday, September 08, 2014

Goodbye Africa

Cam and I spent our last night in Africa, after 810 days straight without leaving, in Johannesburg (ok, Cam is still traveling through Morocco, but that hardly counts). Both of us had the same top priority: don't get shot or robbed.  Well, I'm happy to say that we succeeded.

Our "Last Supper", a late lunch when we got into Jo'berg, was at Carnivore. We are all sorts of meats, including zebra, springbok, impala, and kudu. It was amazing, and after two hours of waiters just bring big skewers of meat to our table and cutting us off pieces, we were stuffed. So, naturally, we had cheesecake.

That night was rather uneventful. We had a few beers, watched Mission Impossible 3 and most of Crank (until the bar where the TV was closed), then went to bed. Unfortunately, my mind was racing, so it took me 3 hours to get to sleep. 

The next morning, I was tired, but Cam talked me into following through with our plans (I didn't want to drive, but was definitely wrong) to visit the Apartheid Museum, where they currently have a special exhibit on Nelson Mandela. We spent 5 hours, and could've spent longer. Very educational with so much information. 

Then it was to the airport, some last minute curios shopping, a drink, and saying farewell to Africa...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment